Monday 11 March 2013

Rock N' Roller Cola Wars: An Imaginary Conversation


The following conversation between Led Zeppelin frontman Robert Plant and now-deceased pop star Michael Jackson took place sometime in 1989:

Plant: "So, Michael, you think you're cool hawking all that Pepsi to the young people?  I was on tour before you got your first recording contract! And now I'm drinking Coca-Cola! Take that!|


Jackson: "Are you kidding me? This is 1989! Young kids today are among the PEPSI GENERATION! Coca-Cola's for Mom and Dad, Grandma and Grandpa!"

Plant: "If Coca-Cola's so lame, how come we're number one and Pepsi is number two?"

Jackson: "'Cause you baby boomer rockers ruled the world for so long! One day, this world will be OURS! Victory for the young people! Pepsi says so!"

Plant: "Watch yourself, Michael.  I remember my generation's rallying cry during the days of Vietnam.  But someday, you've got to get off your high horse and join the gravy train.  And drink lots and lots of Coca-Cola."

Jackson: "What are you saying?"

Plant: "I'm saying you'll be drinking Coca-Cola like the rest of us. One day, you'll be a seasoned veteran convinced he is seasoned enough to shun his Pepsi for his Coca-Cola."

Jackson: "You have opened my eyes, Robert.  You have opened my eyes."




No comments:

Post a Comment